Welcome to my practice and med spa, SpaBlack! As a board-certified plastic surgeon I am confident that you chose the right place to have your Cellfina® performed. My friendly and experienced staff is ready to start you on your journey to a slimmer you.
Cellfina® has helped countless people reclaim their ideal bodies, and you can be next! At our location in San Antonio, we will be pleased to explain this revolutionary cosmetic procedure and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you again for coming to see me, my practice and Spa Black.
Modern lifestyles and genetics can lead to cellulite – a condition that makes the skin look dimpled and uneven. Cellulite tends to be most apparent on the thighs and buttocks, although it can affect most parts of the body. Figures indicated that more than 85% of women over the age of 20 have some form of cellulite.
Many people would like to reduce or eliminate their cellulite to improve how they feel. If that sounds like you, then you could benefit from Cellfina®, a unique patented technology designed to target cellulite and reduce its appearance.
- Individual results may vary
Cellfina® is a non-surgical technique that uses microblading to reduce the visibility of cellulite in the thighs and buttocks. You don’t need to go under general anesthetic or the knife for treatment: Cellfina® is a minimally invasive procedure that can have a dramatic effect on the target area.
How Does Cellfina® Work?
The skin in the thighs and buttocks connects to tissue below through a network of fibrous bands. These bands have a vital function in the body: they help to keep everything together, preventing skin from slipping and sliding over the muscle and fat beneath. The bands keep everything in place without you having to think about it.
Unfortunately, however, these fibrous bands can tug on some sections of skin harder than others. This pulling action causes the dimpling you see in cellulite, pulling on some parts of skin while causing the surrounding fat cells to bulge outward. This combination of pulling on some sections of skin and swelling of others creates the dimpling effect – something that can affect the thighs and buttocks more than practically any other part of the body.
Cellfina® is a medical procedure approved by the FDA for use on the thighs and buttocks, to treat these connective fibrous bands. The medical practitioner will examine your skin for dimples and then use a microblading technique on the dimpled sites causing them to bounce back into place.
The great thing about the treatment is that you can treat as many dimples as you like. On average, practitioners can treat 25 dimples per hour, and you could see results in as little as three days!
If you want to talk about how Cellfina® works and the benefits you’re likely to see, call us today.
What are the Benefits of Cellfina® Treatment?
Cellfina® comes with a host of benefits you’ll love. Check them out below.
- Smoother Skin – If you feel conscious about your cellulite, then Cellfina® can help tremendously. Cellfina® gives you smoother skin and helps to give your thighs and buttocks a more youthful appearance.
- See Results Immediately – With Cellfina®, you can start to see results immediately. Most people see a reduction in the appearance of cellulite after as little as three to four days, with the full effect taking around a week.
- Lasting Results – How long Cellfina® treatment lasts depends on your unique biology. But because the technique deals with the cause of cellulite, most people experience results for more than three years before having to go back for a second treatment.
- Feel Better About Your Body – If your cellulite makes you feel self-conscious, Cellfina® can help you feel better about your body. You can feel more confident and enjoy the summer break more.
- Less Downtime – Surgical cosmetic interventions often mean that you’re unable to work or socialize for weeks. But with non-invasive procedures, like Cellfina®, you’re able to get back on your feet quickly, with minimal bruising or swelling. Most people can restart their lives just three days after treatment.
- It’s Safe – Finally, because Cellfina® does not involve the use of anesthetics, it’s a safe way to treat cellulite.
What Should You Expect During Cellfina® Treatment?
During Cellfina® treatment, you’ll be asked to stand up where a medical practitioner will count the dimples on your skin and mark them with a pen. Next, you’ll lie down while a doctor uses a stabilize-guided subcision technique to remove the fibrous bands under the skin. The practitioner will move a device over the affected areas in a fanning motion, paying particular attention to the dimpled areas. The length of the treatment depends on the number of dimples.
Who is a Candidate for Cellfina®?
Ideal candidates are people who stand to benefit the most from treatment are women between 25-55 and have cellulite dimples on their buttocks and thighs. You also need to have a BMI below 35. You can be obese and have the treatment, but if you are severely overweight, you may need to lose body mass before the procedure becomes effective.
Cellfina® is also suitable for people who have tried multiple lifestyle modifications and still don’t see a reduction in stubborn dimples. Some fibrous bands can create strong bonds with the overlying skin, making it nearly impossible to eliminate dimples, no matter how much exercise you do.
Finally, Cellfina® benefits people with minimal skin laxity the most. Those with loose skin may not see significant results.
What Results Can You Expect From Cellfina?
The results of Cellfina® can be dramatic, especially for those with severe preexisting cellulite. After treatment, you may see an immediate improvement in your cellulite. However, it can take some time for the dimples in the skin to bounce back and regain their natural, youthful appearance. Most people see results after around three days with the full extent of the treatment visible after a couple of weeks. Cellfina® improves the appearance of dimples in 98% of people.
What should you do after treatment? Two things. First, wearing compression garments is a good idea. Compression clothing, such as leggings, help to keep the skin in place after microblading, allowing the fibrous bands to create new points of connection that don’t create dimpling. You’ll also want to avoid sun exposure for a couple of weeks while the skin heals.
Do you want to get rid of your cellulite? Feel free to learn more about Cellfina® by making an appointment with Spa Black! At our locations in San Antonio, we can help you attain the figure of your dreams. Contact us today!